Thank you for wanting to find out more about my collaborative project to raise the health profile of Wokingham.
The idea comes from an realisation that the GP surgeries and NHS are struggling under the weight of ‘worried well’ and ‘frequent flyer’ patients who, with some good lifestyle support and practice, could reduce their reliance on the surgeries and take back control of their health and well-being.
I work on the basis that taking responsibility for our health is non-negotiable. We can all make a difference to our physical and mental state no matter how good or bad it is. As fitness providers we are in a privileged place of influence and inspiration to encourage people to do the same and relieve the burden on our NHS.
We all have case studies of people who have been transformed by something we’ve helped them with and it’s these stories and experiences that I want to share across the RG40 and RG41 area.
My vision is for a ‘hub’, a central place of reference where anyone involved in sport or fitness or movement or exercise is listed as a point of reference for not just John Smith looking for a gym, but also our GPs to refer their clients to who need lifestyle changes not prescriptions.
I believe we have a huge collective wealth of expertise that can be better used across the Wokingham borough.
There is more than enough work for all of us across this borough and with a collaborative approach we can support and help each other in the community.
I have already established contact with a GP practice who want to know more about what we can collectively offer.
My next step is to build our database so that I can maintain contact with you and let you know what’s going on as the project builds. (You can complete your details here)
I envision a situation where we can use our collective skills and knowledge to run local education workshops to introduce lifestyle improvements to a wider audience through, but not limited to:
- Health & Wellness exhibitions
- Focus days for specific disciplines like all yoga teachers in Wokingham or swimming lessons to showcase who is available and what’s around.
- Sponsored places for the disadvantaged.
- Events using your soap-box topics. If you’re passionate about team sports, I want to enable you to share it! If you know that back pain can be improved by regular Pilates then we need to make sure more people know and, if like me you believe people could do with getting outside more, I need your support to spread that word!
- Council events.
From here we can then offer our services to the residents of Wokingham from a place of trust so that they can make a decision based on getting to know us better.
So for now I am asking for you to consider being included on this database so I can start the process of collecting the details of all fitness and exercise providers across the area.
My promise to you:
- I won’t spam you. This list is purely to let you know what’s going on with the project and to invite you to information events where I can share with you collectively what’s going on.
- In time it will become the central reference place for all suppliers who wish to be involved, but I will ask you if you wish to opt in to this later on when the project becomes more defined.
- I won’t sell your data. It’s safe and won’t be sold on to third parties.
- We are all treated equally. Regardless of our years of service or qualifications, there is space for all of us to trade in Wokingham.
- To act as a pacesetter for this project that ultimately operates like a cooperative in terms of our joint efforts to help the bigger goal of reducing NHS appointment times, prescriptions and costs by improving the fitness and health education of those in the RG40 and RG41 areas of Wokingham.
- To keep it light hearted. No one wants to think of getting fit or healthy to be a chore. 🙂
Thank you for reading this far. If you’d like more information or want to get involved please drop us an email at FastTrack Fit Camp on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! Let’s see what good we can do.
I own and run FastTrack Fit Camp, an outdoor group fitness business based in Wokingham. We help people feel better about themselves with regular outdoor exercise. I’ve taught fitness in Wokingham since 2002. My soap-box topics are taking personal responsibility and food for health.
I look forward to working with you 🙂