Use Up Apple Pud
Here’s an apple pudding idea you can use to mop up any left over apples so you don’t waste them.
- Stewed apples or chopped cored apples that need to be used up
- 100g butter
- 1-2 generous tablespoons sugar
- runny honey
- oats, quinoa flakes, muesli etc.
- Put apples in a deep ovenproof dish
- Melt the butter in a largish saucepan
- Add 1-2 sugar and 1-2 heavy-duty squidges of runny honey.
- Melt together.
- Once melted add in as many oats as you need to make a stiff mix, no melted mixture left in the pan.
- If you don't have enough oats, add in any other flakes you have like quinoa flakes, millet flakes or muesli...whatever it takes either to use stuff up or absorb the butter.
- Top the apples with the mix and smooth over.
- Bake in the oven at 160C/320F/Gas 3 for about 30 minutes until the flapjack is browned and cooked.
Great served with natural yoghurt or ice cream.
*I’ve made this, in the past, not knowing I didn’t have enough oats, so started adding whatever I could find. This is the basis of a great recipe! Don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients, improvise and find a way!