Vegetarian Lentil Slice
- 100g buckwheat groats
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 175g red lentils
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon powdered rosemary
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- Seasoning and nutmeg to taste
- Toast buckwheat in a dry frying pan until brown.
- Saute the onion and carrot until soft.
- Add buckwheat, lentils and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for ½ hour until liquid is absorbed.
- Press mixture into a flan tin.
- Bake in the oven for ½ hour at 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.