Raw Pad Thai Salad
I found this recipe in Free From Magazine, it’s a fresh and crunchy salad that has a tangy and flavoursome dressing.
Chuck the dressing over just before serving.
Add the crushed peanuts and sesame seeds and salt last of all.
- 1 small carrot, shaved or shredded
- 1 small courgette, sliced into thin strips
- 50g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 50g sugar snap peas sliced
- ½ pepper thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions sliced diagonally
- a handful of beansprouts
- a handful of coriander leaves
- a handful of mint leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1cm fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 20g crushed peanuts
- Sesame seeds and salt
- Place all veggies and herbs in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to mix or blend by hand.
- Pour over to dress the salad.
- Top with peanuts, seeds and any extra mint leaves.