This is a combination of two of my most popular recipes.
I’ve become quite well known for a decent flapjack and my Granola is made in many a Fit Camper’s kitchen.
So why not combine the two?!
So I did.
- 300 - 400g gluten free oats
- 250g packet of salted butter, I use Kerrygold
- 80 - 100g granulated sugar (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons runny honey (generous)
- 100g mixed seeds
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 100g mixed dried fruit of your choice ( I like mixed berries, raisins, chopped apricots and dates)
- 100g chopped mixed nuts
- 75g ground almonds
- Ground cinnamon to taste (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- Pre heat oven to 180C, Gas 4, 350F.
- Line a flapjack tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan until melted but not bubbling.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well so they are all coated and there is no surplus syrupy mix in the pan, it should be quite stiff to mix.
- Transfer into the pan and smooth over.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until it starts to brown slightly around the edges.
- Leave in the tin until completely cold.
- Either cut whilst warm or wait until cold and hardened and remove from tin and use a large knife to cut into 12-18 pieces.