Waste Not Wednesday | Gingery Rhubarb Fool
Spring is a great time for rhubarb. When it’s a good year, it’s a really good year so making sure it’s used and not wasted it key (I hate waste!).
If you aren’t going to use it immediately you can wash, trim and cut the stems into thumb size pieces.
Dry them off and place on a baking sheet in the freezer so that they freeze individually.
Once frozen pop them into a freezer bag or plastic box until needed.
- 450g Rhubarb (trimmed)
- 1/2 Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 50g Light brown sugar
- 50g Butter
- 300ml Greek Yoghurt
- Wash, trim and slice the rhubarb into thumb lengths.
- Add to a saucepan with the , ginger, butter and sugar and heat gently.
- When the butter has melted, turn the heat down and simmer on a low heat until the rhubarb mix gets thicker and pulpy. You may want to stir it a few times to stop it from sticking.
- Take off heat and leave to cool. When cool enough to put in the fridge, chill thoroughly.
- To prepare to serve, gently fold the rhubarb into the Greek yoghurt and place into individual serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve.