Buckwheat / Teff Pancakes
These are wheat free, gluten free pancakes and just as nice as your average pancakes (more or less).
- 1 mug of buckwheat or teff flour
- 1-1.25 mug milk substitute
- 1 large egg
- Butter or coconut oil for frying.
- Toppings of your choice.
- Beat main ingredients altogether in a jug or bowl until there are no lumps.
- If you want small drop-scone like pancakes then keep thicker, if you want a crepe style pancake make it a bit runnier. You could leave to stand, but I don't normally think about it that far enough ahead.
- Heat a frying pan and melt some butter on it.
- For smaller pancakes use a serving spoon to pour 2-3 small pancakes onto the pan. For a larger one, cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of batter.
- When bubbles start to appear on the surface and the edges look cooked, flip over and cook on the other side.
- Keep repeating until all the batter has gone.
- Either serve immediately or keep warm in an oven and serve all together.
As they are unsweetened, you can serve with savoury or sweet toppings.
A gluten free, grain free pancake that tastes just like the real thing!