Buckwheat Pancakes V2 (groats)
Using the groats rather than the flour takes a little more planning as the groats need to be soaked overnight first. However the texture is more like a crumpet and worth the wait!
- 2 cups of buckwheat groats
- Butter for frying
- Soak the buckwheat groats in water overnight.
- Rinse away the water and place back in the bowl and just cover with water. Don't cover too much or else the batter will be too watery.
- Blitz with a hand blender to a smooth, porridge-like consistency.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry serving spoon sized dollops of batter until the top starts to show bubbles popping.
- Flip over and brown on the other side.
If you cover the prepared batter and leave in the fridge, it will keep for several days.
Serve with bacon and maple syrup for a treat.