Breakfast Oat Pancakes
A quick and tasty alternatives to the sugar-laden commercial breakfast cereals.
Using oats instead of flour produces a nice pancake with some texture. Make them as small drop scone like pancakes rather than crepe sized as they are a little more delicate. You could add a tablespoon or two of ground almonds to the batter to add some bulk and protein.
- 1 ½ mugs porridge oats (preferably gluten free).
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 egg.
- 1 mug milk substitute.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Butter or coconut oil for frying.
- Put oats in a food processor and whizz to a flour like consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and add all other dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet until all dry lumps are mixed in.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle pan with oil.
- Cook large spoonfuls of batter and flip once until coloured both sides.
Serve with fruit or bacon or sugar free preserve like St Dalfour.