Banana Cake (Gluten Free)
A great way to use up those bananas which are looking past their best.
- 100g butter
- 80-100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g walnuts
- 2-3 ripe, mashed bananas
- Splodge of milk
- 225g gluten free self raising flour
- Walnuts to top with if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/ Gas 4 / 350F
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a food processor.
- Add eggs and quickly process again.
- Add flour and quickly pulse again.
- Add mashed bananas, milk and walnuts, a few pulses to mix through but avoid making it smooth.
- Pour into the tin, smooth over and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Leave to cool before serving in slices with butter.
Keeps in an airtight container for about 3 days.