As you know I write these on a Thursday in time for you on Friday morning and today is a ‘Scotland day‘.
The weather has ranged from rain, high winds, warm sun, hail, rain and sun again. If you’ve never been to Scotland, that’s what it’s like!
I managed to get out for a walk this afternoon to move away from my desk and screen and get some air on my face. It’s one of my go to ‘happy’ strategies to break up the day, defug the head and refocus.
Other ‘happy’ strategies I’ve employed over the last few weeks are:
- To give myself something to look forward to. Just like last Sunday when, at our Valentine’s Day Wake Up session, we had a wear red or pink day. Beautiful they looked too!
- Helping both my Fit Camp community and my networking community with shared events like our Qigong session, our Thermomix demo and our House of Colour event earlier this week.
- Big hugs. Like really long ones. The sort that make you feel like you’re wrapped in a blanket. (I hope you have someone at home, or in your bubble who can reciprocate).
- Looking forward to seeing which pets and children are going to entertain me on the Zoom sessions with inappropriate behaviour or appearances!
- Cooking something for the first time. (Crème brûlée if you want to know!).
- Making sure I don’t waste food. Ergo making some really funky recipes that will probably never make it to a table again! I like that spontaneous creativity.
- Going to bed early.
- Helping a bunch of new people start their Metabolic Balance programme with some fabulous results. (I love hearing how people feel when they start to improve their eating!)
What little strategies are you using to keep things together?
As I said two weeks ago, this isn’t normal. We need to accept that and be kinder to ourselves and along the way find some handholds to grab onto that keep us moving slowly forwards.
Do share with me what you do. Let’s see if what you do might help someone else too.
If you’d like to get to Easter feeling a bit more chipper, why not start a weekly exercise programme? Our weekly Sunday Wake Up! class at 9am each week is on Zoom, suitable for all and the best version of a group fitness class that we can manage until we’re let back out again!
Reply to this email to find out more.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
FastTrack Fit Camp is an outdoor fitness business with the focus on improving people on the inside so they feel good on the outside. In 2019 FastTrack Fit Camp became a Social Enterprise and committed to distribute a minimum of 50% of profits back to community environmental projects each year with the goal of helping our local citizens feel good whilst being outside too.