After 18 weeks of lockdown it’s looking like I may be able to get my loyal and committed Fit Campers back to their happy place of group fitness very soon.
With the lifting of some restrictions on outdoor group fitness I have been looking at reintroducing some of our outdoor sessions in August.
This has been trickier than I expected.
Despite the knowledge that the risk outside is minimal we are still obliged to follow a full risk assessment and comply with both venue and insurer requirements before committing to coming back out.
At the time of writing I have one location that’s happy for us to return and some deferment from the others as they work out what they need to do to bring their facilities in line with their specific guidelines.
Today I want to share with you what we’re doing to ensure we meet all requirements so that we can come back confidently and strongly in August.
- Our full Risk Assessment document is HERE and will be reviewed monthly.
- Professional guidance on how to return to outdoor group fitness is HERE and I’ve followed this to ensure I comply with the guidelines issued by this insurer.
- I’ve taken up insurance with a new company who have confirmed that I am covered to run sessions outside as my current insurers haven’t replied or been contactable to confirm this.
The phased return will be in baby steps as venues and guidelines change. As it stands now…
- Return to a Swallowfield Camp at Lambs Lane Primary School on Wednesday 5 August at 19.30 – 20.15.
- Return to an Early Risers Camp at Bearwood Recreation Ground, Winnersh on Friday 7 August at 06.30-07.15 and 09.00 – 09.45 for a mid-morning session (not currently confirmed as venue not decided about hirers return)
The sessions for the week following will be announced during the week of 3 August.
- The timetable will be released 7 days in advance.
- To attend a camp all members must book in on our membership system TeamUp. Campers who haven’t booked will not be permitted to attend.
- Campers are asked to take responsibility for not attending a Fit Camp session if they suspect they have symptoms or been in contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- All members are required to ensure their personal contact details are upto date on TeamUp in case we’re required to contact clients for Track and Trace purposes.
- Our Virtual timetable will continue and can be found HERE.
I know it may feel bitty and uncertain.
But I am determined to ensure your safety as we return and maintain good relationships with our venues for the longevity of Fit Camp.
Thank you for supporting FastTrack Fit Camp during these last 4 or 5 months. I appreciate your support, feedback and commitment to your health and wellbeing.
It’s been a massive year of learning and discovery.
I am sure there’s lots more ahead.
As you read this I am 8 hours away from logging off for 10 days for some non-Zoom time. I can’t wait!
I’ll be back refreshed and raring to go as we head into August and our long awaited re-emergence.
FastTrack Fit Camp is an outdoor fitness business with the focus on improving people on the inside so they feel good on the outside. In 2019 FastTrack Fit Camp became a Social Enterprise and committed to distribute a minimum of 50% of profits back to community environmental projects each year with the goal of helping our local citizens feel good whilst being outside too.