I hope you’ve had a great week?
I’ve just spent the last 15 minutes wondering what to write about this week as I’ve (and I quote from my thoughts) “been networking all week” so that I haven’t had time to do other stuff I normally do.
I’ve had barely any time at my computer, limited outside time and I’ve done a lot of peopling.
And yet there we have it. The topic for today.
Who is in your network and how are you using it?
Since I last wrote I have been involved in at least six networks.
- My weekly BNI network meeting. These people help me get more people knowing about Fit Camp.
- My weekend was spent with my network of women on a leadership course. These ladies have seen me warts and all over the last 9 months.
- My family network have all been in touch via email, Whatsapp or text. We all need family right?!
- Drawing on the resources of my Athena Networking buddies. I am in collaboration and do business with a lot of these ladies and they’re so entwined with my life now I forget that they started as Athena connections.
- My Fit Camp community online and in person. My extended family.
- Those closest non-family members. My, they-get-me, tribe.
It’s powerful what having those people in place around you can do.
I found this lovely quotation.
And ain’t that the truth?
We need a wide range of groups to satisfy a wide range of needs.
- So if you’re looking to raise your health and well being, build a ‘healthy’ network.
- If you want to build a strong parenting bond, find people with similar parenting values to yours.
- If you need connection, friendship, unconditional love, find the people that will provide that for you.
Start by looking at who you have and deciding if they are in the right network.
Then see where the holes are. Where do you need to fill some gaps.
I was definitely lacking in the closest-non-family category for a long time.
Last year I did the right thing and started to let a few people in. Unsurprisingly no one died. No one did a runner and now I have a new network to help support me and me them.
Who’s in your gang? Where’s the gaps? Where could you start to build a stronger support network to help you achieve what you want?
And on that note I will leave you to ponder.
Thank you for being part of my Friday with Heidi network. I very much appreciate that you read the emails. I hope they help you a little bit too.
Come and join me this Sunday for our weekly Sunday Wake Up! pay-as-you-go session for an energising, outdoor workout that will leave you buzzing! We meet at Bearwood Recreation Ground Winnersh every week at 9am. All you need is a mat or something to lie on, some old gloves and water. More details are HERE.