Malcolm is 53 and joined our Henley-on-Thames Fit Camp sessions in July 2019.
He won’t mind me telling you that the first few sessions were a combination of grit and bloody mindedness! He took each session on fully and with maximum effort, noise, oomph and heckle!
I’ve seen him transform in the last few months and I asked him if he’d share with us some of his views on why he started with FastTrack and how it’s helped him with his fitness and weight loss.
Why did you join FastTrack Fit Camp?
- I needed and had to do something to improve my health as the niggles of increasing age started to weigh on me – literally!
- The availability of easy-to-get-to early-morning sessions. I’m an early riser and the session timings work well with my schedule and limited my ‘excuses’ for not being able to attend or ‘cry off’ due other ‘obligations & commitments’.
- The price was attractive.
- There were trial sessions to see if that was for me.
What problem were you looking to solve?
- Reverse the trend of increasing…weight, waistline, clothes sizes, lethargy and blood pressure medication.
How many times a week do you attend?
- 3 regular early morning sessions in the week and then the Sunday Wake-up session if I can.
Has it solved this problem?
- Well…weight down 20kg, waistline down 4+ inches, I am now buying smaller not larger clothes and I have more energy (Heidi’s comment – and so much stronger in camp. Malcolm’s fitness transformation is huge. It’s hard to see it yourself, but as an observer it’s vast). Blood pressure reduced enough for me to come off one of my prescribed medications.
What extra benefit has it provided? (if any)
- My snoring has stopped apparently. My long suffering wife is very pleased at this!
- Out of breath less easily now.
- Easier to move. I am more agile and my knees are not playing-up.
- Much more conscious of what I am eating and drinking now. But still can have a good time with friends.
What would you say to someone who is unsure if Fit Camp is for them?
- I’ve realised that there isn’t a magic pill for reducing my weight or improving my mobility/health. Also, it’s really not, dare I say it, rocket science to improve things though either.
- In my simple view, as regards weight management, it’s basically ‘input’ / ‘output’ and the need to get the ratio right for yourself (Heidi’s note: the individual approach to getting this right is one of the most important things you can discover for yourself). On the mobility/health front – it’s by keep moving and giving your heart a workout.
- Fit Camp has quickly helped me with these in a workable way that I couldn’t (wouldn’t?!) manage without the focus and structure it provides. Oh, and being over 50 means I’ve also got to the stage where I try not to do too much that I don’t like…I’m no ‘happy-clapper’ so if the Fit Camp sessions weren’t enjoyable (I laugh a lot with the other Campers) – I wouldn’t go!