What a fun week!
Last Friday it was our combined Christmas Party with the Elite Conditioning crew. With 80 guests in attendance, Karen and I thought we’d better try and inject an element of Christmas to the proceedings.
If you click this link you’ll see how we took them by surprise and us out of our comfort zones!
I also test-drove the first outing for our new Rabble classes last Sunday. It was a laugh-fest for 45 minutes. There was a lot of charging about, shouting, puffing, (illegal) shoving and throwing. The feedback was that they thoroughly enjoyed .
Rabble is a games based exercise class. The games are simple and fun and the aim is to keep moving as much as possible. I’ll share with you over the next few weeks how you can try it out in the Christmas break.
As we approach December I thought I’d just share a few ideas with you for ensuring that you go into Christmas feeling good about yourself and your health rather than deciding to give in now until the New Year and then regretting it.
- Keep exercise up. This is one of the best things you can do to keep you on track . Even if you eat your body weight in Celebrations in the office, if you are at least maintaining a workout routine this will keep your metabolism up and help mitigate any impact. Where possible get outside in daylight too. The sunlight on your eyes helps with both mood and sleep. Get out!!
- Decide now how you want to feel on 24 December or 31 December (or whatever date suits you). Knowing where you want to be can help you to make better choices along the way. Don’t mind gaining a few pounds? Then decide how many. Want to stay the same as you are now? What do you need to do given what’s coming up?
- Rank your social events and treats. If you know you have a big do coming up one evening, you may chose to stay away from office snacks that day. Or if you have an event you’re not that bothered about attending maybe you drive and don’t drink? You are in control of you, no one else. So make a decision and stand by it.
- Keep some consistency with meal times and food choices where possible. Eat a good breakfast, have a healthy lunch and choose fresh veggies where possible for dinner. These small things can really help you feel like you’re still in control when all around you feels like a sugar-fest.
- Choose down time too. In nature it is time when we want to hibernate, curl up and stay in. It’s not time to ignore that. If you want to sit in your onesie and hunker down, do it. Your body will thank you. There will be days when you want to get up and out and you will, but choosing down time is not a sign of giving in. It’s natural and part of the cycle of the seasons.
- Water, I always talk about getting enough water, but it’s such a quick fix. You’ve seen the impact it can have on a dying flower, you are no different. Keep the water up to alleviate hunger, energy slumps and itchy eyes.
Our Christmas timetable will start from Saturday 22 December so that you can keep moving before and after Christmas irrespective if you’re a member or not.
Full details are here: https://fasttrack-fitcamp.co.uk/event/christmas-new-year-timetable-2018/
But in summary: From Saturday 22 – Monday 31 December (inclusive) we’re running sessions at 9am at Bearwood Recreation Ground, Winnersh – with the exception of Christmas and Boxing Day. All welcome and if you are a non-member it’s £7 per visit.
Finally — here’s links to our current event list for 2019. Click on any of the pictures for more information.
Have a great week!