I accept that working out first thing may not be top on your list of things to do.
However the health benefits are many. Here are five of the ones that get me up and out of bed each day.
1. Getting the early morning sunlight on your eyes has been shown to help with optimising hormone production and regulating your biological clock so that you are energised in the day and sleep well at night.
2. Getting up and out leaves space in your head for productive thoughts each day, not ‘shall I work out tonight or stay in?’ (trust me on this, you won’t know how much you say that to yourself during a day and how much getting it done frees you up of this noisy internal chatter).
3. It sets the intention for the day. When you’ve got up and worked out first thing, you have a much better state of mind than if you’d pressed snooze and got up late in a hurry.
4. Food choices tend (note I say tend!) to be better through the day.
5. Getting to bed early enough so you can get up early becomes easier to do. You get so much better organised the night before.
So, what are you waiting for?! The sunrises are fabulous right now, we’d love to see you at either Henley-on-Thames or Wokingham Fit Camp sessions on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Drop us a line and we can set you up with a trial week to see how you get on too.