Doesn’t a sunny day make things seem rosier?
It’s been an interesting start to the year weather and events wise and yesterday’s sun was such a pleasant change.
I was thinking about Spring and how it affects us and thought I’d give you Ten ways to Spring-Clean you health and well-being this weekend.
You could do them all or jut one, chances are they’ll help you to feel energised and motivated to pep up you wintry habits into Spring ones.
- Throw away any old, ripped, smelly, no-longer-stretchy workout gear. There’s not much fun putting on old gear to do something that you may not readily want to do.
- Empty your wardrobe and drawers and only put clothes back in that fit you now. Wear clothes that fit you. There’s nothing more demoralising than wearing too tight a pair of trousers to make you feel like you’re not in shape.
- Clear out your gym bag. There’s bound to be receipts, wrappers, a smelly glove and a missing pair of headphones in there.
- Give your trainers a boost and surface clean them with some water and mild detergent or distilled vinegar/water solution. Hang outside to dry and air.
- Give you mat a once over or retire it. Fit Camp mats get mucky. We’ve had a lot of rain and cack this year to deal with and some of our mats are no better than lying on the ground. If you have a yoga style mat you can wash it in the machine and leave it to dry on the line. Here’s an article to help you if you’re not sure.
- Go through your cupboards and get rid of any really old stuff that you’re never going to use. I have a jar of capers that must have been in my cupboard for 8 years. It’s not going to happen! Use or throw away. If it’s that old, it’s not going to have much life in it anyway.
- Clean your fridge out. It’s such a boring job. But clearing out before the next big shop will make the task easier. I much prefer to use natural cleaners and this article gives a nice summary on how to do it.
- Check out supplements you’ve got in your cupboards. Chances are there are some you got on the back of reading a blog post about fat burning or energy boosting and no longer take. If you’re not using them move them on. If they’re out of date, retire them.
- Take some time to write down all your favourite family meals. See whether they can be improved in some way, less carbs more veg for example. And then create a family list so that you can pull from what everyone likes each week rather than wondering what to make. If you want to take it one step further, make a weekly meal plan.
- Finally, look at your calendar and see what’s coming up in the months ahead. Rather than leaving ‘getting in shape’ for the big events in the year, make a plan to workout each week. Some weeks it maybe once, other times it will be 3 or 4. But have a small, regular commitment with yourself about exercising. This one thing alone with Fit Camp clients has kept depression manageable this winter, fitness levels maintained and weight managed despite the weather, the cold and the dark. Think of it as the very best supplement you can take.
I hope that helps you out — let me know what you decide to Spring clean 🙂