I have three things I wanted to share with you this week.
- How to avoid feeling over fed and fed up on January 2nd.
- Our Christmas and New Year timetable.
- Our Happiest Year Yet event details.
1. How to avoid feeling over fed and fed up on January 2nd.
I’ve offered this solution for a few years now and it really helps you to focus on what’s important to you over Christmas when it comes to how you feel about yourself in January. If you are used to feeling over fed, over boozed, stir-crazy and in need of a shake up then this may just avoid you getting there.
I did this with my Metabolic Balance® group last week at their monthly workshop and they left with a plan of action for the month.
- Fill in the calendar below with all your social occasions between now and the end of the year. Include everything from coffees with mates, to drinks after work, to mince pies with your children in the classroom, to meals, parties and Christmas day.
- Write in all the days you are going to exercise over the same period. (Suggestions below in point 2!)
- Decide how you want to feel on January 2nd. What’s acceptable to you? Same weight? Lighter? Only 3lbs on? To feel rested? To know you had a good time regardless whatever the net result?
- Look at your calendar and decide what you need to do to achieve this. Are there some events that you can bin or ease back on? Are there some you can take your own drink or food to? Are there some that you just want to enjoy regardless? Colour code them, so you can see what’s coming up when.
- Keep it with you or pinned somewhere where you can see it at all times. Make it a living document that can change if an impromptu visit comes up.
Now you know how you’d like to feel and what you’ve got ahead of you, you can do some damage limitation forewarned and forearmed! (Click for large image to print.)
2. Christmas and New Year timetable — do come and join us! We’d love to see you!
(Click for large image to print.)
3. Come to our Let Us Make 2018 Our Happiest Year Yet
…event on Saturday 6 January from 10.00 – 13.00 at Wokingham Cricket Club. It’s free, it’s a great way to set some intentions around the year and hear how others got on doing the same thing earlier this year.
Click here to grab a free seat. You can bring a friend or your mum or a neighbour or work colleague.
It’s a lovely, positive energy filled way to start January and I love running it and hearing how you all got on!
Have a fabulous weekend!