I like to go out each morning and use it as thinking / processing time (I have a very busy head!) and whilst out walking this morning I was contemplating life stuff and started thinking about Lent and how people have already been mentioning what they are going to give up.
I’ve decided to turn it on it’s head.
I’ve decided that we should add stuff in. Forget feeling deprived and left out and lacking. Boost feeling good, feeling abundant and happy.
I understand the Easter story, but I want to focus on adding in, giving back and contributing rather than feeling lack and deprived.
So here’s my input.
- Put in a walk each lunchtime.
- Smile at the grumpy lady with the snappy dog.
- Buy a bunch of daffs each week.
- Add in an apple each day.
- Do a random good deed each week.
- Play with your kids for 15 minutes more each night.
- Add a pint of water to your morning.
- Read for 15 minutes each day.
- Meditate for 15 minutes each day.
- Work a bit harder in your exercise sessions.
- Work out one day a week more.
- Work out 10 minutes longer each time.
- Add in a 10 minute stretch each night.
- Watch a funny video each day.
- Watch a video of people dancing, they are always full of joy and love and passion (here are some of my favourites (Riverdance on ice) (Random man dancing in his living room)
- Call your parents / friends / kids
- Take a photo of something that makes you smile each day.
I reckon that if you can do some of this every day for 40 days you’ll feel pretty damn fabulous by Easter.
Let me know how you get on!