We had a fabulous day today at Sunday Wake up! It was such a great morning raising money for the Wokingham based charity Younger People With Dementia we raised £300 to support camper Neil, in a husky trek later this year.
I ran the session as a lesson from the Dementia Friends too, so we learned the five key things you need to know about dementia as we exercised.
- Dementia is not a natural part of the ageing process.
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
- It is not just about losing your memory.
- It’s possible to live well with it.
- There is more to the person than the dementia.
Thank you to everyone who came along, learned the key things, shouted them out and donated. What a team you are!