I’m often asked about how to solve the problem of the mid-afternoon snack crisis. It’s quite common and I reckon it comes down to one of these reasons.
- Not enough lunch
- Not the right lunch
- Lunch too early
Here are a few ideas on cracking this:
- Eat more for lunch.
- Choose more veggies / salad for lunch with oily dressing and protein.
- If you eat early and dine late, put in another meal around 4pm. Something like soup, dahl, avocado and prawns, cold meat and tomatoes, fruit salad yogurt and seeds.
- Drink more water throughout the day.
- Have hot soup, herbal teas, green tea to keep you warm.
- If you are stressed, choose between going outside and taking 5 minutes to breathe deeply OR do something frantically active like jump jacks or run up and down stairs or punch a pillow (not a colleague!)
- If you are bored, change the pattern. Do something that will please you to get it done and out of your to do list. Or stand up and sing loudly and dance. Or plan a life goal…so something else!
If you’d like to sort out your health once and for all then please book a 30 minute free health & lifestyle consultation by clicking this link. We can make sense of it all for you.