This has been our most popular post this month…
Do you know what I hear the most when I ask people what they’ve got out of Fit Camp?
“I feel so much better”.
Interestingly during my 1-2-1 sessions with clients in preparation for the 21 Day Fat Loss Challenge the response to me asking, “what’s your goal for 3 weeks?” is
… “I just want to feel better”.
Given that that 90% of people I meet are not looking for ripped abs, pumped pecs and size 8 bikinis but the wonderful result of ‘feeling better’, I guessed that maybe you’d like to know some tricks on how to feel better too?
Here are my top 5 recommendations…
1. Take a long hard look at what you eat. Don’t kid yourself that what you eat isn’t having an effect on your body. If you feel under-par it’s because your body is struggling. And it’s struggling because it’s working on either too much food, too little food or crap food choices.
2. Do I drink too much? Be honest.
For ladies the healthy guide is 2-3 units a day (that’s 1 x 175ml wine) and for men it’s 3-4 units a day (1 pint strong lager, beer or cider). If you are drinking more than this, you will slowly and steadily get used to feeling lousy because of the effects of alcohol.
3. How inactive am I? I’m sorry, but like it or loathe it you do need to move. You know it, you may choose to ignore it but it won’t go away. Find something you like and just start. Putting it off only makes it worse. The time is never perfect, just start anyway.
4. Change your outlook. Yep, life can be brilliant. It can also be a big pile of poo. But how you cope with it will determine how great it is further down the line. Remember that only you are in control of how you feel. No one else can make you feel bad, guilty, envious, angry, frustrated, jealous apart from you. Decide to feel better about stuff generally. You’ll still have crappy days, but you’ll be able to deal with them and learn from them a whole lot better if you accept full responsibility for your reactions to them.
If someone else is fitter, thinner, healthier, more active than you and you don’t like it. Do something about it.
If someone ‘sabotages’ your attempts to lose weight by buying cake, wine or a take-away remember that you always have the choice and you don’t have to have it!
5. Get enough sleep. Adequate sleep helps with fat loss, energy levels, appetite regulation, immunity, stress levels and much more. Get to bed before 10.30 each night and watch how quickly you start to feel better.
If you can do even 3 of these 5 things you’ll start to feel better, look better and want to do more to continue feeling that way.
If you can’t do 3 things then do two.
If you can’t do 2 then at least go for 1. As they say: “every little helps!”
For more information on how Fit Camp has helped other people feel better click here to read our testimonials page.
Have a great weekend. 🙂
“I would just like to say a big thank you for giving me my life back. Sounds a bit extreme I know but this is how I feel” – Tracy