I am in the latter category, I find the thought of changing at midnight on 1 January a bit too much, after all there is always something in the house that needs eating up, to be thrown out or given away.
There are some really easy ways to give your liver a break from the detoxification of rich foods and alcohol over the past few weeks. Here are my top five:
- Eat foods rich in sulphur like onions, garlic, eggs, Brussel sprouts and cabbage. I use onions every day in at least 2 of our meals.
- Cut out alcohol and caffeine. Drink green tea, upto 2 cups per day, water or fruit teas instead.
- Make your first drink of the day hot water and the juice of half a squeezed lemon.
- Choose oily fish and eggs as your protein source rather than meat several times a week.
- Move each day. Whether it’s walking, yoga or badminton — get busy and help flush out the build up of toxins more quickly. Their build up leads to dull skin and complexion problems, bad breath and digestion issues. When you can’t get rid of toxins your body will store them in your fat cells making them bigger. That’s not a look we want to work on!
If that all seems too much to think about, or you want the support of some others doing the same as you, come and join me in my FastTrack 7 Day New Year Recovery Plan. We start on Monday and I’ll be guiding you through meal choices, some lifestyle fixes and some exercise hints and tips.
Oh! and it’s free. It’s only 7 days all you need to do is turn up (online) and commit to a week.
Finally, it’s not too late to join us at our event tomorrow at Hilton St Anne’s in Wokingham from 10.00 – 13.00.
‘Let’s Make 2015 Our Happiest / Healthiest Year Yet’ is designed to get you really focused on how to have your best year so far. Are you in?! 🙂
Have a great week and remember, look after your liver!