A tasty, warming soup that is cheap and filling.
- Coconut oil or butter
- Butternut squash – peeled and chopped
- Marigold Vegetable Bouillon / vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Coriander or parsley (optional)
- Fry onions and garlic in coconut oil or butter in a saucepan until slightly caramelised and soft.
- Add the peeled chopped butternut squash. If you are making for one person you’ll have enough for at least 2 portions here so you can always freeze the rest.
- Add 500-750ml water with 3-4 level teaspoons Marigold / Veggie stock powder and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer until the butternut squash is soft.
- Whizz with a hand blender or food processor
Serve with chopped coriander or parsley if you have any.