This is great for breakfast, a yogurt or fruit salad topper. The recipe makes quite a large amount so store in an airtight container.
- 300g organic rolled oats
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 100 – 150g nuts of choice – roughly chopped (cashews, almonds, Brazil)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 120g coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons organic honey, to taste
Select the fruit to suit your taste.
- 100g raisins
- 50g dried cranberries
- 6 medjool dates, chopped
- 10 dried apricots, chopped into sixes
This is about 300g dried fruit, so you can combine what you like to get this quantity.
Pre-heat oven to fan 130/ gas mark 2
- Tip oats, ground almonds, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, nuts and cinnamon into a large roasting tin.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together gently.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to coat completely. Spread out in the tin again.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes mix up a bit, then cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add in the dried fruit. Mix it up keeping some of the clumpy bits together.
Transfer to an air tight container.