If you like beef and you like a bit of heat, then you’ll love this. It needs planning as it takes about 4-5 hours, but it is worth every mouthwatering minute of the wait!
You need to make up a dry marinade. Whatever you don’t use you can store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You will need a joint of beef brisket plus the following:
- 2 tbl spoons chilli powder
- 1 tspoon salt
- 1 tbl spoon garlic powder
- 1 tbl spoon onion powder
- 1 tbl spoon ground black pepper
- 2 tspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- Mix all ingredients altogether. This is the marinade mix.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F, 180C, gas 4.
- Rub the mix all over the beef and place in an open casserole dish in the oven for about 50-60 minutes depending on size of joint.
- Then turn the oven down to 300F, 150C, gas 2.
- Pour in 350ml beef stock, cover with a lid or foil.
- Slow cook for 3-4 hours until it falls apart when you try to cut it.
This is absolutely delicious hot but also very enjoyable cold with salad or fried vegetables.