These burgers are quick to make and could be either made in advance and kept in the fridge or frozen.
- 500g ground turkey mince (free range if possible)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 desert spoon of curry powder
- 1 red chilli, finely diced but seeds removed (unless you like it hot!)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Similar amount of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 large free range egg
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and, using your hands, squeeze and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Form into 4 equal sized portions and shape into burgers.
- Leave in the fridge until required.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan or griddle.
- Put burgers in pan with coconut oil or butter and cook through on both sides.
- Alternatively you could bake in an oven at 190C / gas 5 / 375F for about 20-25 minutes.
Note: when handling chillies with bare hands mind your eyes and mouth afterwards, even after washing they will make your eyes sting.