Making a batch of muesli at the weekend for the week ahead is incredibly simple and you can make it to your own taste and choosing.
You may want to use it as a topping too.
Here is how we make it.
- 1 large bag of oats. They can be gluten free or ordinary oats.
- 250g mixed seeds (sunflower, linseed, pumpkin and sesame) can be bought in Holland & Barrett or some supermarkets
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 250g mixed dried fruit of your choice. We like apricots, raisins, cranberries and dates.
- 150-200g chopped nuts of your choice. We like Brazil nuts, almonds and cashews.
- Optional flavouring of 2 teaspoons mixed spice or cinnamon.
Adjust these ingredients to your taste.
- Place all ingredients into a large airtight plastic container and shake thoroughly to mix. (Hold the lid on tight!)
Serve with milk or a milk alternative.
- Unsweetened puffed rice