A meatless burger recipe for all the family. Quick to prepare and freeze then just cook in 30 minutes. This has been adapted from the recipe on the Good Food website.
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 100g processed gluten free oats (whizz with a hand blender or in a mixer)
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of either spicy salsa or chilli flavour tomato puree.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- With wet hands divide into 4-6 burgers and layer between grease-proof paper before freezing until needed.
- When you want to cook them, cook from frozen and bake at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 for 20-30 mins until hot through.
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and a pile of vegetables or salad.