An ideal gluten-free change for the family dinner.Serves 4.
Ready in 25 minutes.
- 250g packet medium rice noodles
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 spring onions
- ½ red chilli pepper deseeded
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2cm piece peeled root ginger
- 300g raw king prawns
- 4tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp tamari sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp fresh chopped coriander stalks
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well and rinse under cold running water. Add a few drops of the sesame oil to the noodles and toss them gently to coat the oil. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the peppers and spring onions. Finely chop the chilli and lemon grass and grate the ginger. Heat 2tsp of the sesame oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the prawns and half the chilli, lemon grass and ginger to the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the prawns start to turn pink. Add the peppers and the spring onions and continue to stir fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until the prawns are completely pink and cooked through.
- Add the rice noodles to the pan and toss well to mix. Whisk the remaining chilli, lemon grass, ginger and oil with the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and coriander stalks. Pour over the noodles and heat through for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Season the noodles to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve piled into warmed bowls garnished with coriander leaves.