A filling vegetable curry that is great on its own or as a side dish.
- 1 tbl sp coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon lazy ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1tsp chilli powder or 1 red chilli chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g tin green lentils
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Heat the coconut oil and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin and coriander and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the red pepper and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chick peas, lentils, chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add a little more water if necessary.
- Continue to cook over a low heat until the sauce has thickened – usually around 20 minutes.
Serve with a grilled lamb steak on top, or eat on its own.