A versatile recipe you can serve with rice or as a side dish.
- 315g red lentils
- 570ml water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large can (397g) tinned tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder
- 4 teaspoons Marigold vegetable bouillon powder
- Rinse the lentils under running water until the water goes clear.
- Place in a saucepan with water, onion, garlic and bouillon powder.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes more. Stir occasionally to stop it sticking to the bottom. Keep it the consistency of porridge by adding more water as necessary.
Serve on it’s own with rice and spinach bhaji or as a side dish with a meat curry.
Simple, easy and tasty.