This is a warming and surprisingly tasty soup.
- 50g butter or coconut oil
- 3 shallots or small onions, peeled and chopped
- 300g (about 3-4 bunches) washed, roughly chopped watercress
- 1 litre stock ( I used the water I boiled gammon in, but you can use any flavour)
- ½ can coconut milk
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently cook the shallots and watercress for about 10-15 minutes, gently turning them in the butter every few minutes.
- Add the stock and cook gently (no need to boil) for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Add the coconut milk.
- season to taste.