A grain-free pastry style flan filled with leftover Christmas mincemeat and apples.
- 200g ground almonds
- 60g tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 60g butter, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons runny honey
- Half a jar of mincemeat
- 2 dessert apples, peeled and cut into 12ths.
- Dessicated coconut or slivered almonds to decorate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F, gas 4, fan 180C
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients together so it clings together.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch round flan tin. Squashing the mixture up the sides a little.
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes. Leave to cool before filling.
- When the flan is cool. Spread mincemeat over the base of the flan. Then arrange apples over the mincemeat in a circular pattern.
- Dust with dessicated coconut or slivered almonds if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until apples are soft and coconut browned.
- Leaving to cool will allow for easier serving, but if presentation isn’t your thing go for it! Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt.