You know Nakd Bars? Here is my version…
- 250g bag of stoned dates (I like the organic partially rehydrated ones in Sainsburys, but any will do)
- 250g raisins
- 250g walnuts (you can substitute most nuts here but I find Brazils or walnuts are better)
- 150g desiccated coconut
- Whizz the whole lot up in a food processor until starting to cling together.
- Either: form into large marble sized balls.
- Or: put in a flapjack tin and smooth over. Score deeply to divide into bar shapes in the tin.
Leave in fridge to harden.
- Add a tablespoon unsweetened cocoa before you whizz together.
Chocolate & Orange
- Tablespoon cocoa and grated rind and juice of one orange.
- Replace walnuts with cashews and add 1-2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
Lemon and Ginger
- Add 1-2 teaspoons ground ginger and grated zest of one lemon.