On-plan tasty muffins, which are a filling end to a picnic or quick lunch.
Makes 24 buns or about 10-12 muffins.
- 280g Spelt or gluten free flour.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3 free range eggs.
- 175ml milk substitute. ( I used Kalo coconut milk drink.)
- 85g melted butter.
- 125g Xylitol.
- 350g grated pumpkin or butternut squash.
- Handful raisins (optional).
- Handful of pumpkin seeds.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C, Gas 6 or fan 180 degrees.
- Line a bun or muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon into a large bowl mix up a bit.
- In a large jug beat eggs with milk and add melted butter and xylitol.
- Mix well then add to flour.
- Stir roughly so no clumps of flour are left.
- Add the grated pumpkin or squash.
- Mix through.
- Add raisins if using.
- Put mixture in paper cases and top with a few pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.