We’ve just got back in from our Health & Your Hormones talk. We’re both dead chuffed we had 50 people attend and also very glad that we had enough room for everyone!
Vida and I really wanted to share what we’d learnt at a seminar a few weeks ago and I warned them that this was going to be like speed-dating with hormones. A real whistle-stop tour around four of the biggies.
We gave them info on oestrogen, testosterone, cortisol and thyroid. We also gave advice on how to eat optimally for good health.
I wanted to finish on a light note. It’s sometimes very easy to stress about all that we should be eating, exercise we should be doing, goals we should be achieving when in reality it boils down to a few key things. What are the keys to longevity and health.
Check out this and see why there are 5 communities in the world that live long, healthy and prosper.
These are the 9 determinants for their success
- Move (find ways to move mindlessly, make moving unavoidable)
- ‘Plan de Vida’ (know your purpose in life, what are you here for?)
- Down shift (work less, slow down, rest, take holidays)
- 80% rule (stop eating when 80% full)
- Plant power (more veggies, reduced processed foods, less but better quality animal protein)
- Red wine (consistency and moderation)
- Belong (create a healthy social network)
- Beliefs (spiritual or religious participation)
- Your tribe (make your family a priority)
How many of these do you do?