Adapted from a Patrick Holford recipe — Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons tomato purée
- Chunk fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Boneless pork loin — but works well with chicken too
- With a hand blender or in a food processor whizz up the tomato purée, garlic, tamari, chilli, ginger and honey until it is smooth.
- Rub the mixture all over the meat and leave to marinade for as long as possible — at least 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 350F / gas 4 / 180C adding more marinade as a baste half way through.
Serve with the lentil dahl or a mix of pan cooked veggies.