For those moments when you just need something sweet…
- 250g butter
- 3-4 ‘granny’ tablespoons runny honey (old fashioned ones)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- A bag of gluten free oats
- Optional: dessicated coconut, or seeds or milled linseeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, 180C, gas 4
- Melt butter and honey in a large saucepan, gently.
- Add as many oats as you need to get all the butter used up. It should be a stiff mixture, not a sloppy one.
- Add in the mashed banana and ‘extras’ if using.
- Smooth into a flapjack tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
Cut into pieces immediately (while hot), but leave in tin to cool completely.