Rhubarb is in season right now and a super family friendly pud can be made to get over the January wintery blues.
- 400g British rhubarb, trimed ino thumb lengths
- 1 satsuma or clementine, zested and segmented
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 – 2 tablespoon Xylitol to sweeten
- 300g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 60g melted butter
- 2 generous tablespoons runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon Xylitol
- Preheat oven to 350F, gas 4, fan 180C.
- Place all filling ingredients in a pie dish and make sure they are all mixed through.
- Combine all the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the fruit to cover and press down lightly, cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil for the final 10 minutes to allow the topping to brown.