This cheap and nutritious soup is a warming start to any meal or serve with our flat breads for a light meal any time.Serves 4-6
- 25g butter or coconut oil for frying.
- 1 medium to large pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and chopped.
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 1 golf ball size or smaller of root ginger, peeled and choppd.
- 2-4 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 1 red chilli — your choice of heat.
- 400ml water.
- 400ml tin of coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut, dry toasted for garnish.
- Put butter and all chopped vegetables into a large saucepan and start to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil, cover and simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- Whizz with a hand blender or food processor.
- Add coconut milk and whizz again. Stir in untoasted desiccated coconut.
Garnish with toasted coconut and serve.